1. Kneel on the floor with your thighs perpendicular to the floor and touch your inner knees together. Slide your feet apart slightly wider than your hips, with the tops of the feet flat on the floor.
2. Exhale and sit back halfway, with your torso leaning slightly forwards. Then slowly sit down between your feet.
3. Turn your thighs inward and press the heads of the thigh bones into the floor with the bases of your palms. Then lay your hands on your lap, one on the other, palms up or on your thighs, palms down.
4. Firm your shoulder blades against the back ribs and lift the top of your chest up. Widen your collarbones and lengthen your tailbone into the floor.
5. At first stay in this pose from 30-60 seconds. Gradually increase this up to 5 minutes.
6. To come out, press your hands against the floor and lift your buttocks up, slightly higher than the heels. Cross your ankles underneath your buttocks, sit back over your feet and onto the floor, stretching your legs out in front of you.