· Exhale and step your feet 4 feet apart, resting your hands on your hips. Turn your left foot in 45 degrees and your right foot out to 90 degrees.
· Rotate your torso to the right, squaring the front of your pelvis to the front edge of your mat. Press your outer thighs inwards, as if squeezing a block between your thighs. Firm your scapula's against your torso, lengthen your coccyx towards the floor and arch your upper torso back slightly.
· Lean your torso forwards from the groins over the right leg. Stop when the torso is parallel to the floor, support your hands on your leg or if you are able to then touch the floor. Press your thighs back and lengthen the torso forward, lifting through the top of the sternum.
· Press the base of the big toe and the inner heel of the front foot firmly into the floor, then lift the inner groin of the front leg deep into the pelvis.
· Hold your torso and head parallel to the floor, then if you are able to, bring the front torso closer to the top of the thigh. Hold for 15-30 seconds, then come up with an inhalation and repeat on the other side.