· Step one foot back into a high lunge position, lie the midline of your torso down the midline of your opposite thigh.
· From the lunge position, stretch your arms forwards, parallel to the floor and parallel to each other, palms facing together.
· Exhale and press the heel into the floor, synchronise the straightening of the front leg and lifting of the back leg.
· As you straighten the front knee, press your thighbone back to centre hip and heel.
· The arms, torso and raised leg should be positioned relatively parallel to the floor. Release the hip of the raised leg toward the floor until the two hip points are even and parallel to the floor.
· Take the back leg behind you whilst reaching forward, bring the head up and look forwards.
· Stay in the position for 30-60 seconds, then release and repeat on the opposite side.