· 2tsp olive oil
· 1 white onion, chopped
· 2 garlic cloves, crushed
· 1 white potato (approx. 150g), cubed
· 600ml vegetable stock
· 120g mixed spinach and watercress salad bag
· 20g pine nuts, toasted
· 150g natural yogurt
· 6 asparagus
· Salt and pepper, to taste
· Chilli oil, to serve (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until softened, but not coloured. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the peeled and cubed potato and vegetable stock, and simmer for around 10-12 minutes or until the potato is cooked. Season with salt and pepper as required.
3. Halfway through the potatoes cooking, add the asparagus.
4. Then, add the bag of spinach/watercress and cook for a further one minute or until the leaves have wilted.
5. Pour the mix into a blender, and blitz until smooth.
6. Serve straight away, with a dollop of natural yogurt, toasted pine nuts and chilli oil if you fancy!
7. This soup will store in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days, once completely cooled.
Recipe from: BBC Good Food