· One banana
· One egg
· 25-30g (or a standard scoop) of protein powder (any flavour you wish)
· 2 tbsp. Yoghurt of choice
· Berries, to accompany
· 1 tbsp. maple syrup
· Coconut oil (I use frylight coconut oil for my pancakes!)
· Measuring spoons
· Frying pan
1. Add the banana, the egg and protein powder into a blender. Blend until desired consistency. You can always add a bit more water if needing to be runnier, or a touch more protein powder to thicken.
2. Add roughly 3 sprays of any frylight oil, or roughly 1/2 tsp of coconut oil to the pan. Heat to a medium-high heat; once melted reduce to a medium heat.
3. Tip the pancake mixture into the middle of the pan. I prefer to have small pancakes, roughly about 3 tbsp. worth.
4. Cook until you start seeing the edges sealing, and bubbles forming on the surface of the pancakes.
5. Using your spatula, gently slide under the pancake and flip over. Cook for a further 1 minute roughly or until cooked as desired.
6. Repeat the process until the mixture has gone.
7. To save time—use a larger frying pan cook 2-3 smaller pancakes in the pan at the same time.
8. Serve with natural yoghurt and berries with a drizzle of maple syrup—enjoy!
Healthy alternatives: for a lower calorie option, instead of using maple syrup you can use zero syrups which are a great, calorie free alternative!